The Monnaie Money team was out west in Vancouver last week for the National Conference on Financial Literacy. The theme of the conference was “Strengthening Financial Literacy Through Collaboration”.
Conference topics included:
1) Exploring ways to move the dial on financial literacy indicators
2) Preliminary results from “The 2nd Canadian Financial Capability Survey”
3) Examples of successful collaboration
4) Best practices in program evaluation
5) The launch of The National Financial Literacy Resource
6) Case studies in changing financial behaviour
It was a great opportunity to network with other organizations in the financial literacy industry. Focus groups were held to make recommendations to the National Financial Literacy Steering Committee.
We really enjoyed the presentation from the youth the Enactus St. Lawrence College, “Manage Your Money Project”. In addition, we were interested in the various topics on financial behaviour which focused on why we make certain decisions when it comes to money. Bravo to the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada and to all the individual and agencies involved.
Financial Literacy in Canada is definitely heading in the right direction.