Save The Dates!!!!!!!!! (October 21th – 22nd, 2016)
Suivez-nous sur nos réseaux, pour écouter nos jeunes parler de leurs expériences!
MONNAIE- MONEY // Youth Talent Show for the Black History Month
Saturday February 27th 2016, at the Oscar Peterson Concert Hall located at 7141 Sherbrooke Street West, the Carrefour Jeunesse Emploi Côte-Des-Neiges presents the 6th Annual Monnaie Money youth artistic talent show to promote financial literacy and civic engagement.
This event will be an occasion for the public to witness to a dynamic talent show and to discover our program which helps youth to become financially responsible.
We also would like to encourage youth to be leaders within their communities.
Doors open @ 6PM
Info : Brian Smith – Carrefour jeunesse-emploi de Côte-des-Neiges
The Monnaie Money Talent Show 2016 – Update
The Monnaie Money Talent Show would like to update you with the following announcements.
We will be presenting a Spring Fashion show produced by Carlton Fashions, this will take place at exactly 6:20pm, so we encourage you to come to the event at exactly 6:00pm when the doors opens.
At the end of the Monnaie Money Talent Show we will honoring 5 distinguished women who have contributed to the development of the Black Community in Quebec.
They are as follows:
- Ivyline Fleming, President of the Jamaican Canadian Community Women’s League of Montreal Inc.
- Yolande James, Political Analyst, Radio-Canada television (RDI TV), Former MNA and Québec Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities, Minister of Family
- Elizabeth Dembil, Executive Director of Le Carrefour de Liaison et d’Aide Multi-ethnique (CLAM)
- Tiffany Callender, Executive Director of the Côte-des-Neiges Black Community Association.
- Karen Licorish, Analyst TD Bank Group.
Also we are proud to announce that the artist Young Soul, the winner of the 2012 Monnaie Money Talent Show will be our special guest performer.
For media inquiries and tickets please contact
What you don’t know can cost you!
Are you a poet, dancer, singer or have an exceptional talent that you wish to be recognized for? The 2016 Monnaie Money Talent Show is your chance.
Auditions will be on November 13th and 14th, 2015.
For more information, connect with Monnaie Money via Facebook.
Get a taste of what is to come this Saturday at the Monnaie Money 2015 talent show.
The Monnaie Money team was out west in Vancouver last week for the National Conference on Financial Literacy. The theme of the conference was “Strengthening Financial Literacy Through Collaboration”.
Conference topics included:
1) Exploring ways to move the dial on financial literacy indicators
2) Preliminary results from “The 2nd Canadian Financial Capability Survey”
3) Examples of successful collaboration
4) Best practices in program evaluation
5) The launch of The National Financial Literacy Resource
6) Case studies in changing financial behaviour
It was a great opportunity to network with other organizations in the financial literacy industry. Focus groups were held to make recommendations to the National Financial Literacy Steering Committee.
We really enjoyed the presentation from the youth the Enactus St. Lawrence College, “Manage Your Money Project”. In addition, we were interested in the various topics on financial behaviour which focused on why we make certain decisions when it comes to money. Bravo to the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada and to all the individual and agencies involved.
Financial Literacy in Canada is definitely heading in the right direction.
November is Financial Literacy Month in Canada and to celebrate, Monnaie Money and its supporting partners wants to give away the following prizes:
- A tablet and cash prize of $500 dollars
- An iPad 4
- A Laptop
- A video camera
- A digital photo camera
- Gift carts from our sponsors
- Money management
- Using credit cards
- Fraud prevention
- Student debt
- Debt management
- Paying for education
To be eligible for the contest, you or the member of your team must be between 12 and 35 years old and must be residents of Quebec.
Deadline for your submission is November 14th, 2014. For more information and contest rules and regulations, please click here.
Good luck to all participants.
This gallery contains 246 photos.